This pasta salad is gluten-free, and low carb. It can be enjoyed year-round, especially during the summertime. The dressing and ingredients are similar to a classic Italian pasta salad, but the noodles are replaced with zucchini noodles.
Ingredients required for Italian Zucchini Pasta Salad
For the salad
- 1 1/2 large zucchinis
- 1 cup quartered artichoke hearts
- 3 thick deli slices of provolone or mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup cubed salami
- 1/2 small red onion
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup quartered black olives
For the dressing
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Italian Zucchini Pasta Salad
Slice your zucchini in half lengthwise and then spiralize them, using the Kitalma Spiralizer.
Place the zucchini noodles in a large sized mixing bowl with the artichoke hearts, tomatoes, provolone or mozzarella cheese, salami, red onions and black olives.
Pour the dressing over the pasta salad and toss to combine. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes (best if left for 3-4 hours) to let the dressing soften the zucchini if desired.
Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy!