If you’re craving home-cooked meals, this quick and easy, Honey garlic chicken bites is a dinner best served in one skillet. Invite your taste buds and get cooking!
This half-hour recipe can be thrown together in a pinch, leaving you plenty of time to prepare your weeknight meal. You only need pantry staples to make this delicious dish.
Ingredients required for Honey Garlic Chicken bites
- 1 lb (450g) boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons of corn starch (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 cloves finely minced garlic
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tbs chicken stock (low-sodium)
- 1 – 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley for garnish
How to make Honey Garlic Chicken bites
To coat the chicken cubes, make sure to mix in the cornstarch, salt, and pepper thoroughly.
(cornstarch gives the chicken bites a slight crust so the sauce sticks to it better!)
Then add garlic, lemon juice, chicken stock, and honey.
Cook the chicken in a hot skillet with butter, then add the seasonings. Cook for about 5 to 7 minutes or until no longer pink.
Sprinkle parsley and red chili pepper flakes for added flavor.
Serve these chicken bites with rice, noodles or other carbs, with steamed veggies on the side.